As the weather gets warmer I see folks, along with myself, cleaning decks and patios, putting out furniture and getting ready for BBQ’s. As I drove through Leesburg yesterday I was admiring some of the older homes that have wrap around porches. These are by far my favorite and one day I will get that Victorian porch that I admire from afar.
For now I have a cute little patio in the back yard. Last year my husband and I replaced an old paver patio with a new stamped concrete patio – my hope is to get my husband to agree to new outside furniture this year, hint, hint, if he is reading this.
If you are in the market for a new patio here is the rundown on what the cost was to replace ours. Total Cost was $5,800.00 which included:
- Remove existing pavers and dispose, and prepare, pour and finish decorative colored stamped concrete patio in backyard, 21’x19’, plus 3’x8’ pad for trash cans, approx. 423 total sq.ft., $5,287.50
- Install drain tile from gutter down to new pop up drain, $90.00
- Concrete mix design will be 3750 psi with fiber mesh.
- Concrete will have wire mesh and #4 rebar for strength.
- New concrete will be 4 inches deep with a tamped gravel base.
- New patio with control joints
- Decorative colored stamped concrete will be sealed with UV protective clear coat approx. 2-3 days after pour.
- All materials and workmanship, including crack repair is warranted for one year.
- Area will be left clean and presentable.
I also received several quotes for a stone patio and the cost was about double the price.
I have never had a deck built however I have a friend who recently had a deck installed – fairly good size, at around $15K. According to www.remodeling.hw.net the average wood deck in the DC area cost around $9K and gets a 112% return and a composite deck cost around $15K and gets a 90% return. For a cost verses value on home remodeling click here.
Whether you have a patio, deck, or porch there is nothing like enjoying a nice cold beverage on one…Cheers!